Here is a link to my Google scholar profile. Feel free to email me if you would like a pdf version of one of these publications (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Yen J.D.L., Fleishman E., Fogarty F. and Dobkin D.S. (in press) Relating beta diversity of birds and butterflies in the Great Basin to spatial resolution, environmental variables, and trait-based groups. Global Ecology and Biogeography. Accepted 1 October 2018. [Online]
- Thomas F.M., Yen J.D.L. and Vesk P.A. (in press) Using functional traits to predict species growth trajectories, and cross-validation to evaluate these models for ecological prediction. Ecology and Evolution. Accepted 3 September 2018.
- Yen J.D.L., Thomson J.R., Keith J.M., Paganin D.M., Fleishman E., Bennett A.F., Nimmo D.G., Bennett J.M., Dobkin D.S. & Mac Nally R. (2018) Linking species richness and size diversity in birds and fishes. Ecography. 41: 1979–1991. [Online]
- Mac Nally R., Duncan R.P., Thomson J.R. and Yen J.D.L. (2018) Model selection using information criteria, but is the ‘best’ model any good? Journal of Applied Ecology. 55: 1441–1444. [Online]
- Fleishman E., Yen J.D.L., Thomson J.R., Mac Nally R., Dobkin D.S. and Leu M. (2018) Identifying spatially and temporally transferrable surrogate measures of species richness. Ecological Indicators. 84: 470–478. [Online]
- Pavlova A., Beheregaray L.B., Coleman R., Gilligan D., Harrisson K.A., Ingram B.A., Kearns J., Lamb A.M., Lintermans M., Lyon J.P., Nguyen T., Sasaki M., Tonkin Z., Yen J.D.L. and Sunnucks P. (2017) Severe consequences of habitat fragmentation on genetic diversity of an endangered Australian freshwater fish: a call for assisted gene flow. Evolutionary Applications. 10: 531–550. [Online]
Fraser H., Rumpff L.. Yen J.D.L., Robinson D. and Wintle B.A. (2017) Integrated models to support multiobjective ecological restoration decisions. Conservation Biology. 31: 1418–1427.
Yen J.D.L., Thomson J.R., Keith J.M., Paganin D.M., Fleishman E., Dobkin D.S., Bennett J.M. and Mac Nally R. (2017) Balancing generality and specificity in ecological gradient analysis with species abundance distributions and individual size distributions. Global Ecology and Biogeography. 26: 318–332. [Online][Software]
- Yen J.D.L., Thomson J.R., Keith J.M., Paganin D.M. and Mac Nally R. (2017) How do different aspects of biodiversity change through time? A case study on an Australian bird community. Ecography. 40: 642–650. [Online][Data]
- Harrisson K.A., Yen J.D.L., Pavlova A., Rourke M.L., Gilligan D., Ingram B.A., Lyon J., Tonkin Z. and Sunnucks P. (2016) Identifying environmental correlates of intra-specific genetic variation. Heredity. 117: 155–164. [Online][Data]
- Yen J.D.L., Cabral R.B., Cantor M., Hatton I., Kortsch S., Patrício J. and Yamamichi M. (2016) Linking structure and function in food webs: maximization of different ecological functions generates distinct food-web structures. Journal of Animal Ecology. 85: 537–547. [Online][Software]
- Yen J.D.L., Paganin D.M., Thomson J.R. and Mac Nally R. (2015) Thermodynamics predicts density-dependent energy use in organisms and ecological communities. Physical Review E. 91: 042708. [Online]
- Yen J.D.L., Thomson J.R., Paganin D.M., Keith J. and Mac Nally R. (2015) Function regression in ecology and evolution: FREE. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. 6: 17–26. [Online] [Software]
- Yen J.D.L., Paganin D.M., Thomson J.R. and Mac Nally R. (2014) Thermodynamic extremization principles and their relevance to ecology. Austral Ecology. 39: 619–632. [Online]
- Yen J.D.L., Bond N.R., Shenton W., Spring D.A. and Mac Nally R. (2013) Identifying effective water-management strategies in variable climates using population-dynamics models. Journal of Applied Ecology. 50: 691–701. [Online] [Press release]
- Yen J.D.L., Thomson J.R. and Mac Nally R. (2013) Is there an ecological basis for species abundance distributions? Oecologia. 171: 517–525. [Online]
- Hamilton A.J., Basset Y., Benke K.K., Grimbacher P.S., Miller S.E., Novotny V., Samuelson G.A., Weiblen G.D., Yen J.D.L. and Stork N.E. (2013) Estimating global arthropod species richness: refining probabilistic models using probability bounds analysis. Oecologia. 171: 357–365. [Online]
- Yen A.L., Madge D.G., Berry N.A., Yen J.D.L. (2013) Evaluating the effectiveness of five sampling methods for detection of the tomato/potato psyllid, Bactericera cockerelli (Sulc) (Hemiptera: Psylloidea: Triozidae). Australian Journal of Entomology. 52: 168–174. [Online]
- Shenton W., Bond N.R., Yen J.D.L. and Mac Nally R. (2012) Putting the ‘ecology’ into environmental flows: ecological dynamics and demographic modelling. Environmental Management. 50: 1–10. [Online] [Press release]
- Yen J.D.L., Thomson J.R., Vesk P. and Mac Nally R. (2011) To what are woodland birds responding? In-site habitat, landscape structure and biodiversity management. Ecography. 34: 946–954. [Online]
- Hamilton A.J., Basset Y., Benke K.K., Grimbacher P.S., Miller S.E., Novotny V., Samuelson G.A., Stork N.E., Weiblen G.D. and Yen J.D.L. (2010) Quantifying uncertainty in estimation of global arthropod species richness. American Naturalist, 176 (1): 90–95. [Online]
- Yen J.D.L., Waters E.K. and Hamilton A.J. (2010) Cocoa Pod Borer (Conopomorpha cramerella Snellen) in Papua New Guinea: Biosecurity Models for New Ireland and the Autonomous Region of Bougainville. Risk Analysis, 30 (2): 293–309. [Online]
- Yen J.D.L. (2009) Spider family richness and habitat complexity. The Victorian Naturalist, 126 (1): 19–23. [Online]